I follow about a dozen blogs on a regular basis. Some are people I know and some are just blogs I've happened to come across through someone else's blog. One of these is 4 little men and girly twins. I don't know her personally, but I like her blog and I like to read about the craziness that is having 6 kids. Anyway, she tagged all her readers yesterday to participate in the 7 random things about myself tag which I haven't done yet so here goes:
1) I am a neat freak. OK, this isn't that random for those of you who know me but for those of you who don't, I am a neat freak! I don't just like our house "picked up". I like it clean....like eating off the floor clean. Cleaning is like therapy for me. I don't know why but it has always been that way. I like to turn up some music and just clean (and sometimes dance)!
2) I know all the words to almost every song ever written. I don't know what it is but I've always loved music and after hearing a song 2 or 3 times, I know every word. I only wish I could memorize words I read like that. This is a fun talent to show off after some cocktails when you are out with friends at a place that is playing music. Recently while in Vegas....after about an hour at the club...Becky looked at me and said "do you know every word to every song?" Yes, as a matter of fact I do!
3) I am obsessed with true crime TV and books. I don't watch a ton of TV now that I have Julianne but when I do it is usually some type of crime investigation show (48 hours, Dateline, Forensic Files, Psychic Detectives, Extreme Forensics, Wicked Attraction, Women Who Kill, Most Evil....I could go on and on). My dream was to be an FBI profiler but when I realized that you first had to be a field agent for 4 years before requesting placement at the BAU (Behavioral Analysis Unit) I decided it was not worth putting my life in danger and I also thought it would be hard to see all that tragedy in real life everyday. So, I got a graduate degree in Clinical Psych instead and I watch the shows and read the books.
4) I make my bed everyday. This kind of goes along with #1 but I have made my bed everyday since I can remember. When I was little, my brother would say "why are you making it when you are just going to sleep in it again". I just think a made bed looks so much more inviting than one that is not. I mean doesn't this look better than an unmade bed:
5) I know more about medical issues than I really want to. Being married to a Dr. means that we hang out with other Dr.'s and their wives quite often. What do Dr.'s talk about when they are together....you guessed it, medical crap (I mean stuff). I like to learn about major issues with medicine (heart disease awareness for women, etc.) but when it comes down to the actual procedures, drugs, etc. I just don't care. I would rather talk about Justin Timberlake or if I should cut my hair!
6) I would love to have my own business. Maybe a professional organizer, or having a store like my mom used to have in Bakersfield (my mom owned Celebrations on Ming and Ashe for all you Bako folks...many, many years ago). The only problem with this right now is that we are not settled permanently. We are in Cleveland for the next couple of years but then it will be on to our permanent place of residence (where, we do not know yet). Maybe someday when we are settled I can make this dream a reality.
7) I love music and I love to sing. I'm not saying I can sing, I just love to. I always have music playing....while I'm at the computer, when I'm cleaning, while I'm getting ready...I hate silence. I played music to my belly throughout the entire pregnancy and I don't know if this is why but Julianne loves music too. She also loves when I sing to her (finally, an audience)! I'm the annoying person that sings for an entire road trip (or a trip to the store). Shaun is so good about putting up with it and says that he likes my voice even though I know it is probably really annoying to listen to someone who can't sing sing for hours! Just another reason why I love him!
Well, that's it. 7 random things about me. Since most bloggers I follow have already done this, I'll just tag anyone who is reading this and wants to do it. Just leave me a comment that you are doing it and I'll hop on over and read it.