Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A really good day

I've had the best day today.  Better than any day I've had in a while. 

I had a really frustrating day yesterday because I've been working on putting together a basket for a silent auction and I could not get the main item for my basket donated.  I needed a two night hotel stay on the island that I was putting together a package for.  I had other things...restaurant gift certificates, a golf course gift certificate, a train tour around the island, etc. but no hotel stay.  I had been trying to get one for 4 weeks.  The fundraising event is THIS Friday night.  I was running out of time.  I was really down yesterday thinking that I had failed miserably at getting together a good basket for the silent auction.  Then today, I called a hotel and talked to the nicest lady.  She called the owner of the hotel after I told her about our charity and she called me back 30 minutes later to tell me that he was willing to donate a 2 night stay and she would be putting the gift certificate in the mail today.  Praise God!  I was so relieved.  I did a happy dance and was pretty much screaming with glee.  Julianne joined in, running around my bedroom with me screaming and giving me high five's!  It was the perfect start to the day.  My basket for the silent auction will be complete and it will raise money for this fantastic charity - mission completed!

I then went to my orthodontist appointment and got the great news that my braces will come off in 6 weeks - October 28th is the day.  I go back the second week of October to have an impression made for a retainer and then two weeks later will get my braces off!  I've only had them on since April, and only on the bottom but it only took 6 months which was the least amount of time the Dr. thought it would take.  Awesomeness!

Julianne and I went out to lunch at Cracker Barrel and had some yummy grub.  She was on her best behavior and actually colored for the first time.  I usually don't give her the crayons at restaurants because she normally just tries to eat them.  I decided to give it a go today and she did in fact color with them.  I saved the children's menu that she drew on because I'm sentimental like that.  Yet another reminder of how big she is getting.

We then went to Julianne's 18 month Dr. visit which went great.  She only had to get one shot and that will be her last until age 5 (except for flu shots).  She does not like the nurse who gives the shots - she gave her quite the look afterwards and said bye bye to everyone except her.  She is growing like a weed weighing in at close to 26 pounds and 33 1/2 inches tall.  Such a big girl!  The Dr. was quite impressed with her vocabulary especially when we left and Julianne waved with both hands and said "bye bye doctor!"  So cute!

We came home and Julianne has been napping ever since.  Pretty much the perfect day.  Oh, and we're trying to enjoy our last days of summer by wearing pretty summer dresses like this one.  I bought this on clearance last summer and I remember thinking "she's going to look like such a big girl wearing this".  She does, and a darn cute one too!
I hope your day is as good as ours has been!


Sally said...

Wow, that girl is getting big!! She's passed up Jackson in the height, weight AND vocab categories. LOVE that dress!!

So, it's almost October, and we never got anything on the calendar for you to come visit...is it still a possibility?? I just bought tix to CA, and they were about $75 cheaper than when I looked a few weeks ago....still hoping... =)

septembermom said...

That is such a pretty summer dress! She looks so pretty. Glad that you had a great day. Everything sounds wonderful.

Mimi said...

So glad your luck changed today!! Can't wait for your call on Friday!!