- We know what baby #2's birthday will be - February 5, 2010. Unless something were to happen and I went into labor before that. I have the luxury of scheduling her birth since I'm having a repeat c-section. My Dr. operates on Tuesdays and Fridays and will take her anytime after 39 weeks. I will be 39 weeks on February 5th (which happens to be a Friday) and I'm certain I will be ready by then so that is the day we have picked. Julianne's birthday is March 5th so we think it's pretty cool they will have their birthdays exactly one month apart......they will be 23 months apart...exactly! Our other choices were February 9th or 12th but we're just keeping things simple and easy to remember! We were hoping to have her on February 6th because that was Shaun's grandmother's birthday but that is a Saturday and my Dr. does not do scheduled surgeries on Saturday's (who can blame her?)
- Shaun has all day Saturday off so we will once again try to go to the pumpkin patch. We were supposed to go Sunday but I decided that being in bed with the flu would be way more fun. :)
- My mom is coming in a few weeks for a long weekend to help me put out all my Christmas decorations and maybe start on the nursery
- I get my braces off 2 weeks from today
- We get to go to California next month for a wedding, Thanksgiving, a trip to Sea World with BOTH sets of Julianne's grandparents, visiting with friends and spending time with my grandma, brother, sis-in-law, and nieces. I can't wait.
- Julianne did not get the flu even though I had it - thank you God!
- I have some of the best neighbors a girl could ask for
- Since I was sick, I was isolated in our room by myself and actually had time to read. I am half-way through the potty training book I bought and it is my goal to have Julianne potty trained by the time the baby comes.
- I am seriously giddy about this shop I found on Etsy - Designer Maternity hospital gowns. Yes, I ordered one (or maybe two) and I am very excited about now having to wear the same gown that a million people wore before me and one that actually fits instead of being 20 sizes to big. Now, I can look cuter in pictures with our new baby (pale blue is not my color)!
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
I feel like most of my posts recently have been about me complaining or not so good news. I started this one with the intention of telling you all about how I had the flu this weekend and how today I can barely walk because I now have sciatica (or something like it)...but instead, I will focus on the positive....because if I don't, I'll go insane. I feel like it's been one thing after another lately so today, I am counting my blessings and things I'm looking forward to.